Vegan chocolate mousse tarts
Makes 4 small tarts
150 grams of oats
70 grams of coconut oil (melted)
5 medjool dates (pitted)
150 grams of dark chocolate (melted)
150 millilitres of coconut cream
Half of a ripe avocado
Gold leaf (if you’re feeling fancy)
Make the pastry
- Grease four small tart cases with coconut oil.
- Place the oats, melted coconut oil and dates into a food processor. Pule until a wet ‘dough’ is formed.
- Evenly divide the mixture among the tart cases. Press the mixture on to the base and sizes of the case using your hands or the back of a spoon.
- Chill the tart cases in the fridge for 30 minutes or until set.
Make the chocolate mousse
- Place the melted chocolate, coconut cream and avocado into a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
Assemble the vegan chocolate mousse tarts
- Evenly divide the chocolate mousse between the tart cases. Smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Finish with fresh raspberries and gold leaf (if using).