Vanilla bean pavlova stacks
Makes six heart shaped pavlovas or three pavlova stacks
140 grams of egg white (approximately 4 eggs)
1/8 teaspoon of salt
225 grams of caster sugar
1 teaspoon of white vinegar
1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste
A few drops of pink food colouring (optional)
1 tablespoon of cornflour
200 grams of whipped cream
Blueberries and raspberries
Make the pavlova
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 C.
- Line a baking try with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the egg whites and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment.
- Whip on a medium-slow speed and gradually add the caster sugar.
- Once all the sugar is incorporated, add the vinegar, vanilla bean paste and food colouring (if using).
- Sift the cornflour into the egg white mixture and gently fold in with a spatula.
- Pipe the mixture on to a baking tray in uniform shapes.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes at 200 C, then turn the oven down to 100 C and continue to bake for 60 minutes.
- Once the pavlova is completely cooled, top with whipped cream and berries. Serve immediately.