Strawberry and white chocolate bundt
White chocolate bundt cake
300 grams of plain flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
½ teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
115 grams of unsalted butter (softened)
300 grams of caster sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste
2 large eggs
360 millilitres of buttermilk
115 grams of good quality white chocolate (melted and cooled)
Strawberry chocolate glaze
50 grams of good quality strawberry chocolate (such as Callebaut)
100 grams of thickened cream
Pink gel food colouring
Make the white chocolate Bundt cake
- Preheat your oven to 180C
- Grease a Bundt tin.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter until smooth.
- Add the caster sugar to the butter and cream for 3 to 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the vanilla bean paste and eggs to the butter and sugar mixture. Mix until combined.
- Add the flour mixture in three batches, alternating with the buttermilk and white chocolate until combined.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared Bundt tin.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out of the centre of the cake clean. Set aside to cool.
Make the strawberry chocolate ganache
- Place the strawberry chocolate in a heat proof bowl.
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan until almost boiling.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and allow to sit for 30 seconds.
- Mix the chocolate and cream together, ensuring there are no lumps.
- Add food colouring and tint to the desired shade.
Assemble strawberry and white chocolate Bundt cake
- Once the cake is completely cooled, drizzle the strawberry chocolate ganache on top.