The only thing better than Nutella, is more Nutella.
Makes one bunt cake
12 tablespoons of Nutella
300 grams of plain flour
50 grams of dutch cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of baking soda
½ teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
115 grams of unsalted butter (softened)
270 grams of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste
2 large eggs
360 millilitres of whole milk
Make the Nutella-filled bundt
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop even tablespoons of Nutella from the jar and form into balls using your hands or another spoon. Place the Nutella balls on a tray and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Grease a bundt tin.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, dutch cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter until smooth.
- Add the brown sugar to the butter and cream for 3 to 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the vanilla bean paste and eggs to the butter and sugar mixture. Mix until combined.
- Add the flour mixture in three batches, alternating with the milk until combined.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared Bundt tin.
- Remove the Nutella balls from the freezer and firmly press the balls into the cake batter. The Nutella should be completely covered by the batter but should not touch the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out of the centre of the cake clean. Set aside to cool.
- Once completely cooled, sprinkle with icing sugar, more Nutella and cherries.