Makes one bundt pudding
300 grams of plain flour
3 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons of ground ginger
115 grams of unsalted butter (softened)
300 grams of caster sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste
3 large eggs
300 millilitres of whole milk
Make the gingerbread pudding
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Grease a bundt tin.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, ground ginger and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter until smooth.
- Add the caster sugar to the butter and cream for 3 to 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the vanilla bean paste and eggs to the butter and sugar mixture. Mix until combined.
- Add the flour mixture in three batches, alternating with the milk until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt tin.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out of the centre of the pudding clean.
- Serve hot with cream or custard.