Coffee mini bundt cakes
When the Cherry Blossoms come out in Canberra, you know that Winter is finally at an end.
This is a little recipe inspired by that Cherry Blossom induced, start of Spring feeling. It’s the kind of blissful feeling that you get on a sunny Sunday morning, after a bit of a lay in, when you are sitting down to your first coffee of the day.
Makes 24 mini bundt cakes
Coffee mini bundts
220 grams of plain flour
2 teaspoon of baking powder
½ teaspoon of salt
80 grams of unsalted butter (softened)
100 grams of caster sugar
100 grams of brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste
100 millilitres of strong brewed coffee
70 millilitres of whole milk
50 grams of dark chocolate (melted and cooled)
Make the Coffee mini bundts
- Preheat your oven to 180C
- Grease a mini bundt tin.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter until smooth.
- Add the caster and brown sugar to the butter mixture and cream for 3 to 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the vanilla bean paste and eggs to the butter and sugar mixture. Mix until combined. Add the vanilla bean paste.
- Add the flour mixture in three batches, alternating with the coffee.
- Evenly divide the cake batter between the mini bundt tin. If your bundt tin makes 12, you will have enough for two batches.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out of the centre of the mini bundts clean. Set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, drizzle with dark chocolate.